The Electrical Estimator is responsible for estimating work for bid. Estimator will price all field change orders and material for entry into the accounting system. This position works closely with electrical supply houses, contractors, architects and building inspectors.
- Plan, organize, and implement an estimating department
- Bid projects with enough detail to provide accurate budgets and purchase orders
- Develop a plan for doing design build work
- Help create project plan
- Responsible for computerized estimating system, database, labor factors, updates
- Work with contract administrator regarding bid document requirements
- Production rate tracking and production reporting
- Track and analyze competition and market pricing
- Work with Project Manager regarding field change orders
- Work with architects to provide pre-bid services, cut sheets
- Ability to read plans and specifications
- Public works and or industrial knowledge
- College degree preferred or experience in industry
- Computerized estimating experience
- Labor factor analysis, and modification
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office applications
- Must be able to climb ladders, sit, bend, stoop, stand or walk for extended periods.
- Must be able to travel to job site locations
- Ability to work in extreme weather and temperature conditions
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Must have minimal ability to stand, sit, squat, bend, kneel, twist, crawl, reach lift, balance, carry, push, and pull as required for light duties of standard office clerical positions.
- Must be able to lift 20lb. with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 10lb.
- Vacation & Holiday Pay